If you have a small bedroom and find yourself wondering how you can make it feel bigger than it actually is, look no further. Here are three fantastic and cost-friendly ways to make your cozy bedroom feel more open and spacious.
Rearrange Your Furniture
When you are working with a small space, you need to make every inch count. Take some time and rearrange your furniture in a way that opens up a lot of floor space. The more open floor space you have the larger your room will appear. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Move your bigger pieces of furniture near the edges of your room- avoid having them in the middle.
- If you have a lot of large pieces and are able to put some new pieces in your budget consider buying smaller pieces that can either do double duty or also offer storage (Tip: consider selling your larger pieces to offset the cost)!
- If you have smaller pieces, move a few of them away from the walls. Doing this and situating a piece or two in a diagonal angle can create the illusion of space.
- Place your bed in a corner of your room.
- Make sure you are able to move around freely and that you do not place anything in a spot that will obstruct your views outside.
Find Creative Ways to Add Storage to Your Room
One of the easiest ways to make your bedroom appear larger is to simply get rid of the clutter. Only keep what you actually use. Add shelves around your room to free up floor space, and then use tables or ottomans to add additional storage and seating.
Take Advantage What Light Can Do
- One of the nicest and most cost-effective ways to make your room appear bigger is to let the windows to work for you. Open up or remove the curtains or shades and let the light flow through the space.
- Consider using floor or table lamps instead of using overpowering and large overhead lights.